- New members Roger Brookes and Kamlesh Naidu were welcomed to Council.
- Preparations were made for attendances at Royal Federation’s national conference being held in Rotorua in March next year.
- Combining the Annual General Meeting with the Auckland Regional Conference was considered, overall, a success with more than 200 members attending. Consideration will be given to repeating the combined meeting.
- The Association had 1,468 members as at August 31st.
- Investigation’s to be made to ascertain if the “Members Only” section of both Royal Federation and Auckland Association website can be linked, protected by a member’s personal password.
- Work’s begun to improve liaison with Support Groups and Service Desks
- 10 candidates are progressing towards becoming Justices of the Peace
- Ministerial training during the month included refreshers on Immigration, Dissolution of Marriage, Certifying Copies for Financial Institutions and Customer Services. Members also received encouragement to complete documentation so they are Accredited Justices of the Peace.
- A reminder was given of the Association’s Annual Dinner on 17th November (details in a separate news item)
- In August, Auckland Judicial Justices of the Peace, among Court matters, heard remands and bails for a total of 974 charges involving 343 defendants. They also heard 386 traffic-related prosecutions. Justices of the Peace put in 196 hours on Court-related activities during the month.
September Meeting of the Council
Ric Carlyon - Thursday, September 15, 2016
The Council of the Association met for the first time since last month's Annual General Meeting.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Northwest Justices Meet Their MP
- Meeting Brevities
- Congratulations Canterbury!
- Association's Council Meets
- Justices Included in the Honours List
- Update on Service Desks
- New Justices of the Peace
- "Golden Era of Antibiotics is Fast Fading" - Scientist
- Council Brevities
- MP Honours Long-Serving Justices of the Peace